Thursday, August 9, 2012

These are a few of my favorite things...

Below is a list of some things that I just can't train or race without. 

Let's first start with something that all triathletes can relate to:



Now, the list...  these are not in any particular order, but I love them all!

For your reading pleasure:  "YOU ARE AN IRONMAN: How Six Weekend Warriors Chased Their Dream of Finishing the World’s Toughest Triathlon,” by Jacques Steinberg

KT Tape - I especially like the KT Tape Pro in Pink... it matches my bike and most of my gear.

TriPainRelief - NEVER Tri without it!

Dry+Goods - spray this on before you put on your socks and your feet will thank you!  Pretty much spray it anywhere you want to avoid chaffing!  I <3 Dry+Goods!

Hoo Ha Ride Glide by Reflect Sports - enough said!

YouBars - custom made bars.  My custom formula and bar name is the best though... 


Zico Chocolate Coconut Water - it tastes just like Yoo-Hoo, but it's good for you!

Injiji toe socks - each little piggy races comfortably in its own compartment!

Tifosi sunglasses - LOVE THEM!

blueseventy Siren goggles - been racing in the same model/brand for 3 years now.  White with smoke lenses for sun/glare protection.

SportCount Finger Lap Counter - because I get major A.D.D. in the pool and forget to count my laps in my head.

Road I.D. - NEVER leave home without one!

Sweaty Bands head bands - I still like to look girlie when I am out there kicking ass and taking names!

~J

Oh yeah, the training stuff...

I rode for 1:15 this morning and got in a 20 min walk to complete my scheduled "brick".  I forgot a running tank and didn't have the proper support for "the girls" to just run in my bike jersey and sports bra.  Lesson learned!  I just have to remind myself that people pay a lot of money for what I have naturally. 

Until tomorrow - run for your lives!





1 comment: