Friday, August 31, 2012

It's been 11 days since my last confession...

OK, well maybe it's been more like 25 years, but I know that title got your attention. 

It has been 11 days since my last blog though.

It's been a little hectic, but that's no excuse. 

"Life it what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."  Isn't that what John Lennon said?

So here we are... 78 days until IMAZ and this weekend, I will complete my first ride over 75 miles in a single day.  Ideally, I'd be doing this with the rest of my team, but unfortunately, I wasn't able to leave Miami this weekend to head up to Sebring with the gang for the planned Century ride up there.

My goal is to head out to a park in the Everglades that has a protected 15 mile paved loop and do the mileage/saddle time out there.  It will be hot, it will be windy, a lot of mosquito repellent and sunblock will be employed that day, but if you want to be an Ironman, it's all in a day's work.


With it being a holiday weekend (in Miami, sadly it just makes for even worse drivers because they've been drinking earlier or never actually stopped drinking from the night before) it's too risky for me to go out on a ride of this distance on the regular roads ~ as previously mentioned most of the other people that are crazy enough to do this distance in a single fell swoop are going out of town. 

So, I'm OK with going out to the Everglades... and I can be my own personal SAG... spare tubes - check; CO2 cartridges - check; iPod since I'll be on a closed course - check; cooler in car with more cold bottles and snacks to help keep me going - check.

Plus, I have friends that will join me, at least for a few loops or as many loops as they can suffer through, so the entire distance won't be solo.

Regardless of the crap week that I've had, I know that this weekend will make it all better.

Oh, and did I mention that there will be running involved as well????  :)

Have a great Labor Day Weekend my friends...

Run for your lives!
J~

No comments:

Post a Comment